Principles behind Social Product Information Management:
- Product categories and attributes created by experts, anyone who has knowledge and expertise can contribute.
- Social network is behind every action and information about an author of the information is open and available.
- Everyone can create a product using the product category attributes. Uniqueness and completeness of product record should be guaranteed.
- Product producer / manufacturer has a priority to define product characteristics and has ownership over product record.
- Decisions about the structure of the classifier are taken as a result of collective discussion. Everyone can start a discussion about a category, an attribute or a product and invite experts to participate.
- Library of shared information resources, for exaple measures, units, attributes, etc. is available for expert community
- Product record is associated with additional information, which is created by experts, producers, consumers and other stakeholders.