Sometimes we are confronted with the fact that manufacturers don’t open all the details about their product to the clients, don’t provide any product specifications that reflect products properties and characteristics at open access.
Typically, the reasons for such secrecy is:
- manufacturer beleives that customers don’t need product information (before they buy something);
- menufacturer or distributor is deliberatly hiding the information to get an opportunity to meet with the client (to influence the client);
- understanding that the product has worse characteristics in comparison with the competitors;
- the parameters cannot be set and vary according to the customer (this may be true for the weapons supplied to various parties, or complex equipment, supplied in different countries);
- ordinary laziness and unwillingness to invest into data quality.
Fortunately, most manufacturers want to provide quality information about their products and willling make the necessary efforts and willing to invest into data quality.
At the same time customers stimulate suppliers to provide quality information setting product information quality as the one of the selection criteria.